Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Server Load

XrnwXrnw New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can someone give me an idea of the disk space and bandwidth usage they've seen vs the number of topics or pageviews they received? I've never delved into community creation but I imagine the bandwidth usage must be high. I think I may need to upgrade my hosting plan for it.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

@Xrnw - there's no real way to tell, because there is no way to assess how many users you will have.

I would say if you want the forum to be a main feature of your site then you would probably need to make sure you had greater server bandwidth available.

Answers

• Options

@Xrnw

For around a million page views my site uses about 20GB bandwidth.

• Options

Thanks, that's less than I thought actually. How much disk space does your site increase by? I would guess that is also a significant concern

• Options

@Xrnw - I have an unlimited plan with Bluehost.

• Options

I see. I only have 10 gb left on my plan. Do you think I'd have problems with that amount of space using VF?

• Options
    Answer ✓

@Xrnw - there's no real way to tell, because there is no way to assess how many users you will have.

I would say if you want the forum to be a main feature of your site then you would probably need to make sure you had greater server bandwidth available.