Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Questions for a newbie

JackJJWJackJJW New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everyone

I've just discovered Vanilla and I am so impressed, a very slick and modern take on forums. Very exciting.

I run a small local site called www.loveclapham.com and I had a few questions:

• On the open source version of the forum, can I get the badge app that's used on this site? (I love it :)
  • Is there a theme similar to the default one but with more prominent avatars? i.e. small avatars on the main forum pages and then larger avatars in a post
  • Is it possible to add an app allowing members to upload their own photos to a post?

Thanks,

Jack

Best Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓
    1. No
    2. Create a custom theme.
    3. Addons fileupload plugin.

Awright guvna

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

Badges is just on the hosted site.

If you add design/custom.css to the the default theme you can make small changes like that. Check out .ProfilePhotoMedium. I believe you can change $Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['Size'] in config to have a bigger thumbnail as avatar.

Yes, search file upload in the addons section.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓
    1. No

Awright guvna

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

If you add design/custom.css to the the default theme you can make small changes like that. Check out .ProfilePhotoMedium. I believe you can change $Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['Size'] in config to have a bigger thumbnail as avatar.

grep is your friend.

• Options

422 said:
    1. No

Awright guvna

Cheers guv ;) Shame about the badges but fair dos I guess. The hosted version is just out of my price league for such a small local site.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

The chap above you is sponsorable

• Options

x00 said:

Hmm, this .css file doesn't appear in the design folder, but I have found one in applications/dashboard/design/ - is that correct, or is that the admin area?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

If you add /yourtheme/design/custom.css to the the theme you are using.

you make your own custom.css - just add the rules and put it in the above location.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.