Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

plugin feedback for HidePanel Plugin

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answers

Answers

• nice gay , you do more for vanilla , thank you ~

• your plugin use the css to hidden panel , can i modify the views file do that ? the css to hidden the div also need connect the database to get the date , it just hidden for view ..

• 422422 Developer MVP

Gay?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

422 said:
    Gay?

It is a bit of a happy plugin.
    offering fun and gaiety; "a festive (or festal) occasion";

perhaps he meant the the word "guy".

sarowlwp said:
    your plugin use the css to hidden panel , can i modify the views file do that ? the css to hidden the div also need connect the database to get the date , it just hidden for view ..>

can't understand what you mean. what div? which views file? what?
    Post an image of what you want to do.

@sarowlwp

ting bu dong.

BTW - this plugin is very popular, it's flying off the shelf. Not sure how to keep up with demand. 3 downloads already.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

Is this different from short panel? Should the two plugins be merged?

• @hbf. I thought it was different. If you don't, and there are any features you want, you are welcome to include it in your plugin, otherwise, if you feel it is the same ask them to delete mine if you want. This one allows you to enter 3 separate distinct views or pages from the dashboard and do what you want to any element in the view provided you modify the css (it is set up just to hide the categories panel). As far as merging fine with me to merge into yours.

• @hbf - In summary - it doesn't matter to me what happens to this plugn - merged, deleted, kept, etc.
    Sorry if I steeped on your toes. BTW, you can have all the donations I received so far for this plugin :).
    I suspect you know how much that is :) . As big as a goose egg.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Just grab both of them, figure out the best and final version and post it.

No toes were harmed. I just smelled duplication. Its a simple plugin, no one is getting rich off of it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

hbf said:
    Just grab both of them, figure out the best and final version and post it.

No toes were harmed. I just smelled duplication. Its a simple plugin, no one is getting rich off of it.>

I modified the plugin. By default it will add a toggle to panel So now I believe both plugins can stand and let the user decide which they want and which they want to customize.

• edited May 2012

peregrine said:

422 said:
    Gay?

May be he meant "Nice day" for him that you do more plugins ?

ps

Super plugin really.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

johansonlocker said:

peregrine said:

422 said:
    Gay?

May be he meant "Nice day" for him that you do more plugins ?

ps

Super plugin really.

I think you are on to something - he said g'day mate! as crocodile dundee was know to say.

thx

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

try this for fun. cut and paste and execute it in your console in the browser and click on the panels while viewing vanilla forums. :)

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

$('.Box h4').append(" [ + -]");
            $('.Box').click(function(){
            if($('.Box ul').is(':visible')) {

$('.Box ul').slideUp('200');
            } else {
              $('.Box ul').slideDown('200');
            }
          });

});

• Added so more option in v1.2 - toggle on all discussions (optional), and toggle for "In this discussion" plugin panel.

• not an emergency but it seems dashboard sidebar disappears when I click on your plugin settings

previously you 've fixed it already :) with your "Add Menu Item" plugin

• PamelaPamela ✭✭
    edited August 2012

May be you could upgrade it :) to 2.1 (seen this &$Sender once) even if bookmarks panel seems removed (from 2.1a) now...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

Pamela said:

not an emergency but it seems dashboard sidebar disappears when I click on your plugin settings

done

Pamela said:

May be you could upgrade it :) to 2.1

and done. thx for the suggestion

• peregrine said:

and done. thx for the suggestion

Great :) I 'll try it ASAP

• @rstober this may interest you.

if you have root categories and you want to toggle the subs - so only the headings will show or the full view will show by clicking toggle.

you can change in togglepanel.js

$('.BoxCategories h4').append(' <span class="exp"><a>[+ -]</a></span>');
         $('.BoxCategories .exp').click(function(){
            if($('.BoxCategories ul').is(':visible')) {
              $('.BoxCategories ul').slideUp('200');
            } else {
              $('.BoxCategories ul').slideDown('200');
            }
          });

to this:

$('.BoxCategories h4').append(' <span class="exp"><a>[+ -]</a></span>');
         $('.BoxCategories .exp').click(function(){
            if($('.BoxCategories li').not('.Heading').is(':visible')) {
              $('.BoxCategories li').not('.Heading').slideUp('200');
            } else {
              $('.BoxCategories li').not('.Heading').slideDown('200');
            }
          });

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

edit - never mind post on wrong plugin

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

@peregrine I like this plugin a lot thanks for creating it !