Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

EMailSubscription - Unsubscribe all users?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey

Have noticed that all my users are now getting notifications for every post across the site.

Is there a way to unsubscribe ALL with this plugin?

Answers

• The easiest way I found to remove everyone was to go in to the database and remove the settings for EmailSubscribe from table UserMeta. The plugin doesn't let you unsubscribe anyone.

However, your problem may not be related to EmilSubscribe. We had the same issue and it was two settings in "My Preferences" that only administrators can see/set. They are "Notify me when people start new discussions." and "Notify me when people comment on a discussion." If these are set in a user's account, they will receive emails for every discussion/comment even if they don't have permissions to view that category. To fix it, we (as administrators) had to go in and un-set those options for each of our users.

Hope that helps.