Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Why are my Sidepanel plugins missing from the Categories/Discussions homepage option?*

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I select the Categories & Discussions option for the Homepage in the Embed-Friendly theme, why do all of my SidePanel plugins disappear, except Bookmarks? How can I get the full Sidepanel back while still using the Categories & Discussions option?

Answers

• $Configuration['Themes']['EmbedFriendly']['SingleColumn'] = FALSE;

this is enabled in the same place as Categories & Discussions option

its called "show the sidepanel" :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I wish it were that easy! The side panel is enabled and working throughout the rest of the site. The config file is reflecting the correct settings. Can anyone conceptually walk me through the steps Garden goes through to decide how the panel is rendered? The panel DIV is being created, but it's empty. Any other Homepage option ( and any other page except Search) shows the Panel contents.

• And @peregrine, thank you for responding so quickly, even if it wasn't the answer. :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

Sorry, It works perfectly for me in 2.18.0.4 or so it seems. perhaps if you shared what version you are using and the plugins you are using and any mods you did. And what panels specifically are missing?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm on 2.18.0.2. I'm using Pockets and a couple of in-house plugins to show top posters. I've been through the process of disabling, testing, re-enabling. I've got the upgrade to 0.4 scheduled June 11 (I'm on vacation next week). I'd like to resolve any outstanding issues before an upgrade. Has anyone else seen this problem prior to .04?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

.edited -

• peregrine said:
    .edited -

Boy, you sure unrung that bell fast!

Your (now redacted) question about a plugin being enabled for a specific view gives me a place to start.

Let's focus on why Pockets might not show up (no other customization, all other plugins disabled). Pockets doesn't list the Categories and Discussions as one of the view options (or Search results, which I'd also like to get running). So perhaps I can dig into Pockets to better understand how items are added to each module for each view.

@peregrine, I welcome your input and respect your expertise, but I don't expect you to play Superman here. Any other member of the Justice League is welcome to chime in...