Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Body is 442 characters too long.

pedenskipedenski New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

how can i increase the capacity of text characters for textbox??

Answers

• \forum\conf\config.php

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Comment']['MaxLength'] = '8000';

• hi,

i only have config-defaults.php but not config.php
    also, inside there is no

do i have to put that code, or edit it somewhere?

• pedenski said:
    hi,

i only have config-defaults.php but not config.php
    also, inside there is no

do i have to put that code, or edit it somewhere?

>

if you do not have config.php - you have set up your installation entirely the wrong way and you should read the documentation, as well as the installation notes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• i followed this http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19915/deploying-a-new-forum-and-adding-a-theme-for-everyone/p1

the thing is, ive already set up my forum and is live, is there a way to fix this without causing any downtime or reinstall?

• I would under that circumstance, copy config-defaults.php and rename it as config.php

grep is your friend.

• if i do what you say, do i just put the code

since, that code wasn't present in the config-defaults.php, if so, where exactly?

• just put it in config.php, it will be resorted anyway.

grep is your friend.

• It works perfect @johansonlocker. Thanks alot

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

Option for changing comment length - should be in your dashboard under flood control. may be easier to change there - your choice. :)

yourforum.com/settings/floodcontrol

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.