Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal error:Call to a member function Result() on a non-object in ../class.thankfulpeople.plugin.php

fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When activating the Poll plugin and clicking on add poll to discussion i get this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function Result() on a non-object in /{removed}/plugins/ThankfulPeople/class.thankfulpeople.plugin.php on line 89

there was another plugin that did not work for the same reason, but i don't remember which one it was right now. i really like the thankfulpeople plugin and don't want to deactivate it. is there any way to get fix this?

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

in addition you could try adding this right above line 89 - perhaps there are no comments in the dataset.

if (is_object($Sender->CommentData))

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Open /{removed}/plugins/ThankfulPeople/class.thankfulpeople.plugin.php and find line 89
    Find the object Vanilla is calling the Result() function for.

Try to figure out why the object isn't available.
    If you don't succeed in that copy 5 lines above and 5 lines under that specific line 89, let's say lines 85-95

If a function starts on, let's say, line 83, then copy that piece too, so lines 83-95. Same goes for the ending of the function. Paste the code in < code > tags or < pre > tags. The buttonbar also has a button for 'code' the 'C' button.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

in addition you could try adding this right above line 89 - perhaps there are no comments in the dataset.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

peregrine said:

no way! that fixed it!!! you're the best, thanks so much

happy : )

• :)