Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide "All Discussions" button

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi- I am wondering if there is a way to hide the "All Discussions" button as I am trying to use a custom page as the entry point for each discussion. Specifically, I am wondering how to hide/disable the class tablink only disabling Discussions and not Add Comment. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

Perhaps you could try one of these -

option 1 - comment it in

vanilla/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/index.php - line 36
    // echo Anchor(T('All Discussions'), 'discussions', 'TabLink');

option 2 - create a file called locale.php in conf directory

or add it to your defintions.php in locale directory - see the locales documentation on this site or wiki.

locale.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['All Discussions'] = "";

option 2 might leave a bit of a tab

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

Perhaps you could try one of these -

option 1 - comment it in

vanilla/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/index.php - line 36
    // echo Anchor(T('All Discussions'), 'discussions', 'TabLink');

option 2 - create a file called locale.php in conf directory

or add it to your defintions.php in locale directory - see the locales documentation on this site or wiki.

locale.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['All Discussions'] = "";

option 2 might leave a bit of a tab

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks, this is really helpful. Trying Option 1 right now. From reading through some of these posts, you seem to really be knowledgeable about this stuff. Any idea how to change the banner url and add navigation links?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

Sonatagal said:
    Thanks, this is really helpful. Trying Option 1 right now. From reading through some of these posts, you seem to really be knowledgeable about this stuff. Any idea how to change the banner url and add navigation links?

1) Can't you change the banner url in the dashboard - I'm not sure.
    2) add navigation links to the menu with add in a) default.master.tpl in your theme if there is one or b) in the default.master.php or c) the plugin
    addmenuitem

add tablinks in the same place where you are or write a plugin.

I learned what i know from the wiki - if more people added to it - I would learn more.