Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

IPB3 conversion to Vanilla

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've been trying to figure out a solution to this for days. I can't seem to find any way to convert an Invision Power Board 3 to Vanilla.

I don't even see ways to use the Vanilla importer through other forum types. I don't see a way to convert IPB3 to phpbb, vbulletin, bbpress1 or simplepress. Has anybody gotten IPB3 converted across by any means?

Thanks

Answers

• Options

Strange. Can't you convert from IPB3 to PHPBB3 and then to Vanilla?
    Other solution is to extend the Porter plugin. You have to find the fields in IPB3 and match them with fields in Vanilla. That's the easy part.
    I usually convert manually with SQL queries, but sometimes you want to execute some functions while converting.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I don't know how to manually go in and change the tables and such. I am trying to find a script or a program to help do the conversion. I can't seem to find one for IPB3. Only ones I've seen for phpbb have required IPB2.

• Options

I don't think there is a conversion script or program to convert from IPB3 to Vanilla or any other forum. IPB3 is probably too new.

Here is a conversation about IPB 3.2 to phpbb : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2147911 and an entire google search result:

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&as_qdr=all&q=how+to+convert+ipb+3+to+phpbb3&oq=ipb3+phpbb3

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I've been to all of those links multiple times. The first one only explains possibly how to migrate the users only. I would rather have all the posts than users. Users aren't really important. I just need all my content. All the rest of the links only propose the question, there are no solutions that I could see.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

Does IPB3 have a comment table and a discussion table. if so, couldn't you just write a script to export out the content body and title and id and import into vanilla into the appropriate fields.

or can you convert from IPB3 to an interimforum (supported by import from IPB3 and export to Vanilla) to vanilla.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.