Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Last RSS not on discussions page ?

PamelaPamela ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I would like only to display Last RSS feeds on Activity page (and then, not on Discussions page)

I've removed 'discussionscontroller' from class.lastrss.plugin.php file but it still displayed

by default:
public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender)
{
// Continue Last RSS Plugin only on the desired pages...
$DisplayOn = array('activitycontroller', 'discussionscontroller');

now...
$DisplayOn = array('activitycontroller');

any idea ?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Besides caching issues (if you're using a Smarty theme, look in the cache), I would try to debug why it's still displaying. There's plenty of options you could use, like the actual debug functions of Vanilla (Garden) or an actual old-fashioned print_r() function.

If you do print_r($variable) you will get detailed information about, for example an array. Let's see if you can get more information that way :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

try replacing the function name

with:

public function ActivityController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler(&$Sender)

and see if that works for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Besides caching issues (if you're using a Smarty theme, look in the cache), I would try to debug why it's still displaying. There's plenty of options you could use, like the actual debug functions of Vanilla (Garden) or an actual old-fashioned print_r() function.

If you do print_r($variable) you will get detailed information about, for example an array. Let's see if you can get more information that way :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

try replacing the function name

with:

public function ActivityController_BeforeRenderAsset_Handler(&$Sender)

and see if that works for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• PamelaPamela ✭✭

Thanks to you for your reply...

@UnderDog

I'm using the default theme, I've cleaned forum's cache folder (and :) my browser's cache memory)

I've enabled Debugger plugin (because I don't know how this print_r() function works :) in fact...)

there're many debug Informations :) so, what I'm searching ? I'm newbee with php, sorry... I didn't see anything related to LastRSS

@peregrine, any output change after class.lastrss.plugin.php file suggested modification

May be I'm doing something wrong !