Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Inbox and Profile links visible when not logged in

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi!

I've upgraded my forum from 2.0.6 to 2.0.18.2 (with 2.0.18.4 security patches applied). The problem is; both the "Inbox" and "Profile" links are visible to users before they are logged in. Clicking inbox makes it possible to see and attempt to send messages (but they are not received by the recipients), clicking Profile generates a "Page cannot be found" error. The same behavior is not present in 2.0.6.

Is this something I can configure in the dashboard? Haven't been able to find some setting for it.

Thankful for any help!

//Daniel

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

This is usually related to the theme you're using. Could you perhaps provide a link to the site in question?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Answers

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

This is usually related to the theme you're using. Could you perhaps provide a link to the site in question?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

I've sent you a link as a private message, thanks for helping out!

• Options

kasperisager provided me with the answer in a private conversation; It could be solved by wrapping the corresponding sections in the default.master.tpl file with:

{if $User.SignedIn}
    {/if}

Thanks a lot!