HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to get to it work

edited June 2012 in Feedback

Installed ok, links show, but getting 404 error, when clicking. Any advice?

Thanks

Best Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

I cant try to help you, if you help me :)

Do you have a link to your forum?  So I can see.  

Does Top work?
    Does Bottom work?
    Does First work?
    Does Last work?

also what version vanilla? what other plugins? is it embedded? are you doing some fancy footwork re-writing urls.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP

try downloading the new version.

let me know for each button whether it works or not.

embedded - means embedding vanilla within wordpress or some other app. you are not. don't worry about it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

I see the problem on your site. try version 1.4.1

add some more comments to some of your discussions - top and bottom won't show up if there are only two comment in a discussion

let me know your results.

• peregrineperegrine MVP

I modified top and bottom they didn't seem to work on your page.

I also modified first and last.

thanks for helping debugging.

try V. 1.4.2

the mouse pointer I've left alone - you can modify in css if you want.

• peregrineperegrine MVP

I think you have some unrelated javascript errors on your site - don't know if it is theme or plugin related. But i don't believe it has anything to do with the pagenavigator plugin.

e.g.
    $("a.SinkDiscussion").popup is not a function

thanks for helping on testing.

• peregrineperegrine MVP

maybe it's when a person is not logged in?

http://best-voucher.co.uk/forum/discussions

I still see the error in firebug console.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP

I cant try to help you, if you help me :)

Do you have a link to your forum?  So I can see.  

Does Top work?
    Does Bottom work?
    Does First work?
    Does Last work?

also what version vanilla? what other plugins? is it embedded? are you doing some fancy footwork re-writing urls.

• http://best-voucher.co.uk/forum/

Thanks, I've enabled all four check boxes.

• Version 2.0.18.4

nothing fancy just trying some plugins out

• Any ideas, I'm new to vanilla, so I'm probably doing something daft. What do you mean, is it embedded?

• peregrineperegrine MVP

try downloading the new version.

let me know for each button whether it works or not.

embedded - means embedding vanilla within wordpress or some other app. you are not. don't worry about it.

• Downloaded, tried links, none working, ShowFirst and ShowLast are pointing to this url http://best-voucher.co.uk/vanilla/discussion/16/x/#Item_1 which doesn't exist, i.e, there is no directory /vanilla.
    Can't see other links, I don't think my comments are long enough.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

I see the problem on your site. try version 1.4.1

add some more comments to some of your discussions - top and bottom won't show up if there are only two comment in a discussion

let me know your results.

• Top and Bottom working fine. Although (minor point) mouse over not changing pointer, might be your intention. On this link http://best-voucher.co.uk/forum/categories/electrical-and-gadgets first and last (i.e. in the category view) not working

• peregrineperegrine MVP

I modified top and bottom they didn't seem to work on your page.

I also modified first and last.

thanks for helping debugging.

try V. 1.4.2

the mouse pointer I've left alone - you can modify in css if you want.

• Thanks, everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for sticking with it, nice work!

• peregrineperegrine MVP

I think you have some unrelated javascript errors on your site - don't know if it is theme or plugin related. But i don't believe it has anything to do with the pagenavigator plugin.

e.g.
    $("a.SinkDiscussion").popup is not a function

thanks for helping on testing.

• Thanks for the info, I couldn't replicate errors using firebug though? I'll keep looking...

• peregrineperegrine MVP

maybe it's when a person is not logged in?

http://best-voucher.co.uk/forum/discussions

I still see the error in firebug console.

• Logged out, no errors appeared. I might be using firebug wrong. I'm showing error count, looking at error console and script is enabled. Refreshed above URL, tried various links. Is there something I'm not doing with firebug?

• its funny I didn't see a problem in chrome. I wouldn't worry about it.

By the way I just added the hand pointer for mouse - thanks for the suggestion.