Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

anonymous does not remember categories

qazqaz
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

settings do not save (using the dashboard); they just revert back when logged out, with no category to choose, only Root by default. I would like this plugin to remember the category list. Any solution to this?

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

try putting it in config.php manually and test (and don't go back to the dashboard if it removes it)

$Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = array(1,2);

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

try putting it in config.php manually and test (and don't go back to the dashboard if it removes it)

$Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = array(1,2);

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• this is the original config setting:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = 'a:12:{i:0;s:1:"1";i:1;s:1:"2";i:2;s:1:"3";i:3;s:1:"4";i:4;s:1:"5";i:5;s:1:"6";i:6;s:1:"7";i:7;s:1:"8";i:8;s:1:"9";i:9;s:2:"10";i:10;s:2:"11";i:11;s:2:"12";}';

and replaced it with this:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['Anonymouse']['Category'] = array('Life', 'Your Boss', 'Your Co-Workers', 'Your Husband', 'Your Wife', 'Your Boyfriend', 'Your Girlfriend', 'inLaws');

and it still did not work, have i done this wrong? Categories do not show when trying to post a discussion anonymously. Any ideas please.

Thanks for your answer, very appreciated.
    cheers

• It was just a thought. apparently the values are serialized. I don't know what the proper values you need to put in.

• Thanks.
    The category pulldown list only works if you are logged in. As soon as you are logged out it wont work, which defeats the purpose of posting anonymously.

• If you think it's a bug @qaz then open a bugreport on github and report back the bug report number so I can add it to the topic title.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• This is still a problem.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014