Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feature requests

bobthemanbobtheman
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
some features i would love to see in this app

ability to edit pages from admin dashboard
wysiwyg editor
private pages, password protected
media upload ability
comment system, could use the discussion application for this

Comments

• I'd love to be able to protect certain pages by member role... Is there something that I can add to my page to get vanilla to do this?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I'd love to be able to protect certain pages by member role... Is there something that I can add to my page to get vanilla to do this?
    I'd love for a way to do this more automatically, but here's how I ended up doing it.
    in my custom page:

$perm_manage = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage'); $perm_view = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFood.View'); if (!($perm_view || $perm_manage)) { exit(); }

And in the default.php for the CustomPages plugin I added this:
    $PluginInfo['CustomPages'] = array( 'Name' => 'Custom Pages', 'Description' => 'A plugin that lets you add custom pages...', 'Version' => '1', // I added the line below: 'RegisterPermissions' => array( 'Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage', 'Plugins.CustomPageFood.View' ),

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• A revision feature would be swaggedy!
  • Revision feature for what exactly, @yusf?
  • @hyphy
    A functionality for version rollback and such. A wiki more or less. :)
  • PamelaPamela ✭✭
    edited June 2012

ddumont said:
    I'd love to be able to protect certain pages by member role... Is there something that I can add to my page to get vanilla to do this?

I'd love for a way to do this more automatically, but here's how I ended up doing it.
    in my custom page:

$perm_manage = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage');
    $perm_view = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFood.View');
    if (!($perm_view || $perm_manage)) {
    exit();
    }

And in the default.php for the CustomPages plugin I added this:
    $PluginInfo['CustomPages'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Custom Pages',
    'Description' => 'A plugin that lets you add custom pages...',
    'Version' => '1',
    // I added the line below:
    'RegisterPermissions' => array(
    'Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage',
    'Plugins.CustomPageFood.View'
    ),

Many thanks to share this tip but is it the best way? for do it :) now... with v2.0.18.4

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

the above should work in 2.18.0.4. Can't answer if it is the best way.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• PamelaPamela ✭✭

peregrine said:
    the above should work in 2.18.0.4. Can't answer if it is the best way.

Ok, thank you :) so, I will try...

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

Hi!

Could I get more detailed (n00b proof) info, how to add code that dumond posted?

• what don't you understand?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

The exact lines where to add the code, and if I should wrap it within php -function and if, then how to do it. Sorry, I'm really bad with these. Willing to learn but..

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

I haven't tested the custom pages aspect - but it does put permissions in your dashboard.

he's saying to the CustomPages plugin - default.php

'Description' => 'A plugin that lets you add custom pages. You need to add them to the "pages" folder of this plugin.',
       'Version' => '1',
       'Author' => "Mark O'Sullivan",
       'AuthorEmail' => 'mark@vanillaforums.com',
       'AuthorUrl' => 'http://vanillaforums.com'
    );

to this... (this should give you manage and view options for CustomPageFood in the dashboard permissions.

'Description' => 'A plugin that lets you add custom pages. You need to add them to the "pages" folder of this plugin.',
       'Version' => '1',
      'RegisterPermissions' =>array('Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage','Plugins.CustomPageFood.View'),
       'Author' => "Mark O'Sullivan",
       'AuthorEmail' => 'mark@vanillaforums.com',
       'AuthorUrl' => 'http://vanillaforums.com'
    );

and add this to your custom page food.

$perm_manage = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage');
        if (!($perm_view || $perm_manage)) {
        exit();
        }

obviously if food is not your custom page change it accordingly.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

Okay, thanks. Seems like I did it right then in a first place. But no new options in the admin and code is visible on the public side.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

did you wrap it in php tags?

<?php 
     $perm_manage=Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFood.Manage');

if (!($perm_view || $perm_manage)) { exit();  }
        ?>

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

the options for permissions will show up in each role towards the bottom just before the default category permissions.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

peregrine said:
    did you wrap it in php tags?

Of course not! ;)

To be honest, I kept just staring the part <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); ?> and wondering, were exactly is the place to add this other function.

At least something happened since there's a WSOD now. No new permissions in the admin thou.

This is what I used:
    <?php $perm_manage=Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFaqs.Manage'); $perm_view = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFaqs.View'); ?>

• This is what I used:
    <?php $perm_manage=Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFaqs.Manage'); $perm_view = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.CustomPageFaqs.View'); ?>

What exactly is you goal. to only have people logged in, able to view it?

in that case you could just check for (and forget about the mods to plugin).

$Session = Gdn::Session();
            // this tests to see is user is logged in
            if ($Session->IsValid()) {
                  // do the faq stuff

} else {

// display you don't have permission to view.

}

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

peregrine said:
    What exactly is you goal. to only have people logged in, able to view it?

Yes, just to set that page visible for logged in members only. Most ideal would be, if menu link also is hidden. I think it's often just more user friendly to hide things completely than give those 'You don't have permission to...' -messages.

• How did you add it to the menu in the first place?

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

It is included in Air theme default.master.php,
    $this->Menu->AddLink('FAQS', T('FAQS'), '/faqs');