Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Login box doesn't look good when viewing blog, any solution?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

When a guest is reading a blog and clicks on "Add comment", the login box will pop up however it will look broken.

Here is how it looks:

Any tips to solve this matter?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

In custom.css in the plugin design folder, change

z-index: 9999;

to

z-index: 1000;

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• the z-index has to be increased to float the pop-up over the rest of the info

you could put this in your custom.css file under your theme to override the 5000 in the style.css

div.Popup {

z-index: 10000;

}

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited June 2012

I agree with @peregrine. Increasing the z-index of the popup should fix the issue. But I'll add that to the default stylesheet of the plugin as well. Let me know if you can't figure out what file to edit in the plugin.

• Actually, I would recommend lowering the z-index of that div that's over the popup, as the popup should already have a z-index of 5000. That will be the change I will make to the plugin.

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

In custom.css in the plugin design folder, change

z-index: 9999;

to

z-index: 1000;

• Thank you both my friends. It worked as expected, just needed to clean up my browser cache to see the changes.

Take care!