Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Which PHP file do I edit to get More Message Positions plugin to work

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Recently installed the More Message Positions plugin but need help with which php file to edit.

I have the standard install of Version 2.0.18.1 (i.e. not using any theme)

Help with file location an where to add [event name="AfterBanner"} would be appreciated

Best Answer

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    Answer ✓

First of all it is impossible to not use any theme. If you did not install any custom theme, then you will want to edit the default theme that should be located at /themes/default/views/default.master.tpl

Answers

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    Answer ✓

First of all it is impossible to not use any theme. If you did not install any custom theme, then you will want to edit the default theme that should be located at /themes/default/views/default.master.tpl

• Thanks HalfCat... sorry, I meant I have not installed any custom theme.

Unfortunately in /themes/default/ I don't have a views folder!, my entire content is
    about.php
    readme.txt
    screenshot.png
    and a design subfolder with favicon.png

which means somehow my "default" installation must be elsewhere, any other suggestions?

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited June 2012

Oh, sorry yeah. It should be located at the application/dashboard/views folder if I'm not mistaken. I'm currently at work and can't access my server from here.

I would recommend you to copy it to the template folder that was mentioned above just to make sure you don't mess things up.

• Great, I found it there...the code to add is {event name="AfterBanner"} {event name="BeforeSidebar"} shall I just paste it to the bottom of the file?