Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Requirements

XarcellXarcell North Carolina
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I read the page with the requirements to run vanilla, but I'm not expert. I wanted to ask here...

My server is running MSQLi(MYSQL improved), would it still work?

Also, my server is running nginx according to my host. However, I think they are running a reverse proxy because my phpinfo says Apache 2.2.

I noticed that vanilla supports PDO, so does vanilla use the OOP(object oriented programming) framework?

Thanks.

Comments

• The framework is Garden which OOP. MySQLi is a driver, not a database engine. Vanilla uses PDO,.

You may be thinking about ORM. PDO, refers to "data objects", it is an extra layer above the drivers.

Garden doesn't use ORM, instead it has a light weight query builder based on coder igniter.

I think it is a good choice, because even really good ORM isn't perfect, people tend to tend to "cheat" in places. This query builder is for convenience and neatness, and you can cheat if you have to.

If you are just running, not developing why worry, about design choices, unless you don't meet the requirements? Host tend to run the common method, or if not should be flexible.

Vanilla/Garden can be run on nginx, you can google for guidance. This site it run on nginx.

grep is your friend.

• XarcellXarcell North Carolina

I have a brand new host, just making sure I got what I need to be able to run vanilla.

I'm also learning.