HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

is that a free forum ?

remziremzi
edited June 2012 in General Banter

i found and launched vanilla forum in my cpanel, now it is available but when i visit the main wabsite, i saw pricings, so my question, am i using 30day free trial or it is totaly free.
thank you

Best Answers

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
    Answer ✓

it's free if you manage it yourself. enjoy, it's awesome!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Somewhat like me stating : a bird just flew over, is it a Cockatoo?

Please try and be specific with questions. Screenshots, links....info its all basic huh

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    sturmeysturmey New
    Answer ✓

If you installed it through cPanel, it was probably part of Softaculous, and therefore the opensource version. This means that you're responsible for it. yup, you. all of it.

this is good news for you since now you are the king/queen of your domain and you don't have to answer to anyone if you want to change things. Sadly this also means that you're responsible for fixing it when it breaks, but that's why we're here, to help.

good luck

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

@remzi - I was confused when I first found Vanilla via cPanel.

Installing via cPanel means that you are hosting the forum, and therefore it is free.

Pricing refers to the option Vanilla offers of hosting a forum for you.

Answers

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
    Answer ✓

it's free if you manage it yourself. enjoy, it's awesome!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Somewhat like me stating : a bird just flew over, is it a Cockatoo?

Please try and be specific with questions. Screenshots, links....info its all basic huh

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    sturmeysturmey New
    Answer ✓

If you installed it through cPanel, it was probably part of Softaculous, and therefore the opensource version. This means that you're responsible for it. yup, you. all of it.

this is good news for you since now you are the king/queen of your domain and you don't have to answer to anyone if you want to change things. Sadly this also means that you're responsible for fixing it when it breaks, but that's why we're here, to help.

good luck

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

@remzi - I was confused when I first found Vanilla via cPanel.

Installing via cPanel means that you are hosting the forum, and therefore it is free.

Pricing refers to the option Vanilla offers of hosting a forum for you.