HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

a single letter in Hebrew isn't working with tagging plugin

LiorVLiorV New
edited May 2012 in Localization

Hi all,
I wonder if there are any Hebrew speaking Vanilla users out here.
I am having a problem with one single letter "ת" which doesn't work on the tagging plugin, It is just being ignored.
Can anyone please help?

Tagged:

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

which tagging plugin? Do all the other hebrew characters work.

If you post under the plugin and ask the question - it is far easier to get more help because people can go directly to the plugin and download and maybe help you.

ת

maybe you can enter it in the tag with below.

maybe you can search for ת

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I was referring to the Tagging plugin that comes with the default installation

• the use of ת works for me, but I wouldn't want to ask users to use it instead of the one on their keyboard... any idea how to add it?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

since you didn't answer "Do all the other hebrew characters work?". If so, where are they mapped. It's hard to tell what and where you are implementing?

I expect to hear back from you in two to three weeks :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine,
    Sorry for my late responses, I have my good reasons trust me :)
    all other Hebrew chars are working perfectly, I am not sure where are they mapped, I think this is the tricky question, once we know that, we can handle the addition of the missing character.
    Thanks!
    Lior

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

@LiorV, would love it if you could help with a Hebrew translation for Vanilla. There is a translation page set up for it here.

I'll look into that Hebrew character. Would seriously appreciate any help getting good rtl support into Vanilla.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Use htaccess to change it to the unicode character

There was an error rendering this rich post.