HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translating Welcome to vanilla!

EilieneEiliene New
edited July 2012 in Localization

So.. has anyone still managet to translate that Welcome to vanilla! text?? if so, how?
trans strings in def file doesnt work :D.. or has anyone able to find the file wich contains that text? :D

Comments

• since vanilla has a translation

T('Welcome to Vanilla!')

which you can find by looking in your files

by

grep -ri "Welcome to Vanilla" *

you then need to look at the localization documentation and add it to your theme
    in a definition in your definitions.php file.

or create a file that will get erased when you upgrade vanilla (at least in current paradigm)

if you go the locale.php option,

/conf/locale.php

will contain

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    $Definition['Welcome to Vanilla'] = 'Welcome to Not Vanilla'; 

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• $Definition['Welcome to Vanilla'] = 'Welcome to somewhere';
    That doesnt work. That "Welcome to Vanilla" is the only thing cant translate to finnish :D.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

where is welcome to vanilla showing up in your browser in the activity.
    show an image of browser or a text of an e-mail where it shows up.

it should be - I left out !

$Definition['Welcome to Vanilla!'] = 'Welcome to Not Vanilla';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Dear friend, you need the ! at the end

• EilieneEiliene New
    edited July 2012

Yes it has ! at the end :D. It shows in activity, even if i change it in class usermodel php, cache clearet etc.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

If it is an old one, it won't change because it is stored in the database.
    it is in the activity table - story column.

The new additions to the activity table should change if I am not mistaken after you make the correct change to the definition.

show your definition for the Welcome to ....

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012
    'Welcome to Vanilla'  - if it occurs on your activity page for old activities.

you need to go into the database and modify it there.  since the record is already written the definition change has no impact.  it is in the activity table - story column.  

$Definition['Welcome to Vanilla!'] = 'Welcome to Not Vanilla';

the definition change in this case will only affect now additions to the activity table.  Do you understand!