HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Slavic conjugation

2»

Comments

• Has this problem been solved in the new version?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I don't think this has been solved, but I want to make sure it is solved before we release version 2.1. Here is what needs to be done though:

1. I need to come up with some proposed solutions.

2. I will need feedback from the community on whether or not it will work with various languages.

I'll be posting a thread on it this week so if you know how to speak a language that needs this feature then please keep an eye open.

• @Todd, please, drop a link to that discussion here once you create it.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

Will be happy to contribute as well if I only can. I don't have any specific issues with gender related translations other than they are not used in my language at all, problems are merely with plurals and personal pronouns. And especially the activity feed is hard to translate fluently.

I have reported these already and Todd is aware of them, but in case other languages are facing same kind of problems, here's a link to that thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20650/personal-pronouns-plurals-you-vs-username-and-possible-other-issues-with-localization#latest

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Hey all, we are discussing a solution to activity translation here.