Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Registration method is basic. How to enable invite also?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So, members can invite their friends to forum. I want to keep the basic registration and an option to invite friends
Tagged:

Answers

• This would be a nice feature.
  • PamelaPamela ✭✭

prabhavathi said:
    So, members can invite their friends to forum. I want to keep the basic registration and an option to invite friends

Great idea :) no news about it ?

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

^ I don't think there's gonna be news about it, unless somebody requests it :)

So yes, 1+ from me, it would be an awesome feature. I was actually little surprised to find out, it did not exist by default.

And to why: Registration is registration and thus basic feature. Invites are something that I see as a user privilege for trusted members.

This could even easily be extended to badges/ user Karma, 'Member with most quality recruits.' etc.

• Where is the probelem? If the forum is "open" why they need "invitation" (and invitation code?).
    Every member should pick their e-mail and send a mass-mail to their contact: ehy come on this place (link to forum) it's awesome.... i "suggest" you (suggest, not invite).

• 422422 Developer MVP

So you want a user to register and then the ability to send mass email?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

AndRos said:
    Where is the probelem? If the forum is "open" why they need "invitation" (and invitation code?).

@AndRos There are cases that forum is not open and more like a private community.

Every member should pick their e-mail and send a mass-mail to their contact

I think that's called spamming ;) Restricted invitation mode (which is already in the source) is more delicate and polite way and most likely will result 'better' new members. But in case somebody browsing teh Internets happens to find my community by accident, it would be nice to give them a chance to register still, without having the invitation code.