Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

adding badges and counting old posts

OlivawOlivaw New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

dear Friend, thank u for your contribution. Basically I'm looking for two updates:

• to give karma points related badges (like stars or medals)
  • to count previous posts for getting karma points.
    What about this? I'll be happy to be a little sponsor.
    Best

Comments

• I'm looking for the same option and we are willing to pay if affordable.

• well, I've planned my own development for badges. Regarding old post I think that is best to go directly on the database.

• Olivaw how exactly would you go about it? Would you use Karma Bank for this? We need this also and if there's no other way around I would have to do it on my own as well.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2012

Hi guys sorry for not getting back, sooner.

There was a lot of interest in karma accolades (similar to badges with rules like karma bank). However becuase there was a lot of speculation, and dabbling, and general lack of seriousness before, it was become a huge waste of my time.

Following that I decided it would be better, just to develop it myself and then gain he sponsorship prior to release, as most of their question would be put to rest, and the they would be likely to buy into it, and then on from there.

I'm still inclined to do is this way. However having been approached by several interested parties including yourselves, who are a lot more serious, perhaps these could be primary sponsors, and could be involved earlier in testing stage, with more say.

Basically I know how the core of the feature would work, as the hypothetical, and wild tangents were becoming a drag, is why want to get a core feature underway before
    anything else.

Bare in ming that I have a high workload, so maybe we could discuss realistic targets.

grep is your friend.

• x00 I would need this asap. What hours do you think would you need to finish this? What is your rate and when could you have this done?

• Seriously if we could get it asap, and developing cost is not too high we would be interested in paying for this. Can you give an estimate of what amount you would need?

• asap? I don't think that's the way it works =)

• I can prolly code this up :) Im working on right now.