Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My Forum

Technical information (for support personel):
Error Message: The connection to the database failed.
Affected Elements: Database.OpenConnection();

It was working today until an hour ago. I think one of the members were updating their account info during that time.

Comments

• you sure your database is still alright and your settings havent changed for anything?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Looks like you got it working - I take it your host changed something?
  • A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message: An error occurred while retrieving discussions. Affected Elements: DiscussionManager.GetDiscussionList(); The error occurred on or near: Got error 12 from storage engine For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/support -- so it's the host and not me doing something wrong? i changed something in my profile and got this slapped in my face
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Here's what a quick googling of that error got me:

It looks like some wordpress users have come across this problem before, and here is the discussion:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/32693
  • Cheers Mark!
  • I just installed a fresh version of Vanilla 1 on my PHP4 MySQL server. This is the error I got once I completed the installation and tried to go to the forum. A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Error Message The "PageEnd" control referenced by "PageEnd" does not appear to exist. Affected Elements ObjectFactory.CreateControl(); I haven't tried starting over yet, which I will probably do since it is a fresh install, but I thought I should let you know about possible errors.
This discussion has been closed.