HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can We Get Old Vanilla Forums Theme as Pre-realease 2.1 Goodie

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Feedback

Please...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

We can't really do this because the vforg theme has a bunch of hard-coded stuff in it. It's not a generic theme.

There's also a truth that we can get away with a more simple theme (old one included) because we have such a good logo. If you take a simple theme and put a good banner or logo on it then it transforms the site. I think this is something that most regular users don't see. And as a corollary to this we can't really include a logo in a theme so it's a task left to the forum owner.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

We can't really do this because the vforg theme has a bunch of hard-coded stuff in it. It's not a generic theme.

There's also a truth that we can get away with a more simple theme (old one included) because we have such a good logo. If you take a simple theme and put a good banner or logo on it then it transforms the site. I think this is something that most regular users don't see. And as a corollary to this we can't really include a logo in a theme so it's a task left to the forum owner.

• Can I jump in here? I agree a little with Todd, if there's hardcoded stuff, we can't have a copy/paste old theme as that goodie. But let's see what we really need? Actually, we need the new vf.org theme, but then with a little @422 'touch' (if you please, @422). Spice it up with a little 'Vanilla-touch' and make it left-column, or right-column or both (optional), fluid and we're happy for a while (if you code in some exciting comments in the .css file that we can learn from).
    Basically a theme that you can use as a base for all new themes, with comments that makes us learn and a theme that rocks, all-in-1! (just my opinion)

There was an error rendering this rich post.