Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Porter 1.6.4 Not Showing up under plugins

FanboyNYCFanboyNYC New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I am attempting to use Vanilla Porter 1.6.4 in order to migrate to Vanilla forums; however, when the folder is uploaded to plugins, it does Not Showing up under plugins from the Dashboard.

Is there a way to resolve this? I have tried changing to permission of the files to 755, 777 etc.

Comments

• Options

That is becuase is not a plugin. You point to the the script.

grep is your friend.

• Options

x00 said:
    That is becuase is not a plugin. You point to the the script.

Thank you. I was able to export a .txt file.

Unfortunately, I keep on getting an error message...
    "Warning: Your server configuration does not support fast data loading. If you are importing a very large file (ex. over 200,000 comments) you might want to consider changing your configuration. Click here for more information."

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2012

I've found a piece of code for you in the import model. This code will take a look if the file you want to import can go through the 'load data from .ini file', as you may know from phpMyAdmin. I think that file you want to load through that process is too big to load it through that process and therefore Vanilla will give you that little message:

// Try LoadTableOnSameServer.
      try {
         $this->_LoadTableOnSameServer('Test', $TestPath);
         $Value = $this->SQL->Get(self::TABLE_PREFIX.'Test')->Value('ID');
         if ($Value == $TestValue)
            $Result = 'LoadTableOnSameServer';
      } catch (Exception $Ex) {
         $Result = FALSE;
      }

// Try LoadTableLocalInfile.
      if (!$Result) {
         try {
            $this->_LoadTableLocalInfile('Test', $TestPath);
            $Value = $this->SQL->Get(self::TABLE_PREFIX.'Test')->Value('ID');
            if ($Value == $TestValue)
               $Result = 'LoadTableLocalInfile';
         } catch (Exception $Ex) {
            $Result = FALSE;
         }
      }

// If those two didn't work then default to LoadTableWithInsert.
      if (!$Result)
         $Result = 'LoadTableWithInsert';

Click http://vanillaforums.com/blog/help/importing-data/ for more information

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I was able to transfer/convert the forum to a test forum.... now my only problem before I decide to go live is, all my urls/links in posts are broken. I am assuming it is because of the bbcode urls. I have been searching for a solutions.

the same with quotes being broken etc. I don't mind everything else if I get the urls fixed.

• Options

Instead of saying the links are broken highlight one of your links and post an example of the link. Could be your .htaccess or whether it is embedded or whether you use the url modifier.

also what is the format column saying for the comments and discussions tables.

Does it bbcode , html, raw , whatever.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

peregrine said:
    Instead of saying the links are broken highlight one of your links and post an example of the link. Could be your .htaccess or whether it is embedded or whether you use the url modifier.

also what is the format column saying for the comments and discussions tables.

Does it bbcode , html, raw , whatever.

Hi peregrine,

Thank you for the response. I have attached a screen capture of a code, seeing as it kept on converting when i previewed it.

code.jpg 142.9K
  • Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2012

this is an issue with phpBB, it has a of unnecessary artefacts.

You can use my version of the porter which has a bunch of phpBB fixes

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15933183/porterplus/porterplus.php

grep is your friend.

• Options

Hello x00, I used your plugin, and at first look, It seems to have done the trick, thank you so much.
    The links work, and from what I've seen from the threads I clicked, the bbcodes are now all html.

It looks like I am very close to making the move to Vanilla permanently.
    This was all done under a test directory.

I am wondering if everything would work if I just rename the directory.

• Options

I would certainly have a look gander. Don't delete your source data.

if you rename the directory, you need to delete .ini files in /cache

grep is your friend.