Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Admin Locked out of forum

cmccarracmccarra New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am the admin and I can't seem to login to my site at all. This is ported over from phpbb3 but it was working fine. Checked the database and there are two users named "admin", more than likely this is the problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Comments

• there is a column Admin make sure it is set. Logon

go to /dashboard/role make sure role and permissions are set up. If not it will tell you what to do,

otherwise, go through each role and check the permission are correct.

Then you can other administrators and moderators through /dashboard/user

grep is your friend.

• cmccarracmccarra New
    edited July 2012

Hi x00,
    I set admin to 1 in one of the users in the database and now I can login to the dashboard. But now I have two admin accounts with the same email, name and password. The one I can login with is not the one associated with my posts, but I can't login with that one - if you're still with me? One is probably from the phpbb install and the other the admin i created when setting up vanilla. Is there a way to merge the two?

• roles and permissions are setup.

• Its okay sorted, just did a fresh import from phpbb.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2012

Find out which user has all the post then reset the password, and also set Admin to 1.

then delete the other admin.

I would check though that your other user passwords are working. Anyway duplicate emails are not normally allowed, it is simply the converter that did that.

grep is your friend.