Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Email dosen't work

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi. I installed the Vanilla 2.0.18.4 on my Gentoo VPS. The web server is nginx.
I tried to create a new account and wait the email from my website, but I got nothing.
Then I tried to resend a new email. Something funky happened.
The error info is that:

The error occurred on or near: /web/notcome.org/www/html/library/vendors/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php
684:     if (isset($old_from)) {
685:       ini_set('sendmail_from', $old_from);
686:     }
687:     if(!$rt) {
688:       throw new phpmailerException($this->Lang('instantiate'), self::STOP_CRITICAL);
689:     }
690:     return true;
691:   }
692: 
Backtrace:
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/library/vendors/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:579] PHPMailer->MailSend();
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/library/core/class.email.php:202] PHPMailer->Send();
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:2067] Gdn_Email->Send();
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php:1339] UserModel->SendEmailConfirmationEmail();
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php:1339] EntryController->EmailConfirmRequest();
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:322] PHP::call_user_func_array();
[/web/notcome.org/www/html/index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Who can help me? Thank you very much.

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

There would have been an error message at the top of the page there. Can you paste the whole thing here?