Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

All topics are marked as unviewed for new users

PixelPixel New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

After the registration user see all of the topics as Unviewed. How to solve this problem?

Answers

• Are you using 2.1? This is behavior by design. All topics are unviewed for a new user.

The current 2.1 alpha has three states for a discussion: 1) Unvisited; 2) Visited with new posts; 3) Visited with no new posts.

Topics which have been visited and which have new posts will show a yellow "x New" tag, where x = the number of new posts since last visited. Topics which have been visited but have no new posts will appear dim. Topics which have never been visited will appear similar to new post topics, but without the "x New" posts tag.

• Awesome!
    Guess we need to adjust the 'Mark All Viewed' plugin then...
    (which is built into the default Vanilla Install)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• UnderDog said:
    Awesome!
    Guess we need to adjust the 'Mark All Viewed' plugin then...
    (which is built into the default Vanilla Install)

I have no small number of questions about "Mark All Viewed", since its current behavior seems to clash heavily with the new /discussions/unread location!

• Is there any way to mark all discussions as viewed automatically when registering user?
    I tried to move some code from 'Mark All Viewed' plugin to user registration, but my knowledge of vanilla is not enough.