Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook and Google logins do not work

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Ok well they do work, but they dont talk to each other.

If you login with facebook, you have to login with facebook every time. Same goes for Google and Twitter and Open ID.

For example: I login with facebook. Then I log out. Now I try to login using the 'sign in' button thinking I have signed up for the site through the facebook login, but it tells me the username/email does not exist. But if I got back and try to login with facebook again it will work.

Whats the deal? Seems strange to me. Any way to fix it so that once they sign up through Facebook (or google, or twitter, or open ID) they can use the native 'sign in' function?

Comments

• Options

Anyone?

Should I post a bug report on github? Not sure if thats the right thing to do since these are plugins and not part of the core (but they do get uploaded as plugins automatically with the core...).

• Options

No one? Any do other people have the same problem?

• Options

That's pretty standard. If you sign up for something like Flickr using your Facebook ID, you then always have to click to sign in through Facebook. You can't try to use your Facebook username/password in their standard username/password form.

• Options

oh.... never knew that thanks.

Would be nice feature though if they did talk to each other though (but not sure if that possible).

• Options

Would be insecure. Part of the point is that you can sign up for X without having to give them any credentials... instead, each time you visit X they ask Facebook to verify who you are. Facebook replies to confirm that you are who you say you are, but you've never had to prove it directly to X.

That's oversimplified, but you get the picture.

• Options

ahhh I see :)