Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Google Sign On Circumvents Invite System

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have noticed if you have your forum set to be invite only, people who sign in for the first time using Google Sign-In are still allowed to create an account. This should not be allowed.

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    I agree. The various social sign-in methods should work in conjunction with the Registration settings.

For Basic, it should let them create an account and immediately have access.
    For Approval, it should let them create an account that has to wait for approval from and admin.
    For Invite Only, it should not let them create a new account using these login methods.
  • Options
    PamelaPamela ✭✭

ewerx said:
    I have noticed if you have your forum set to be invite only, people who sign in for the first time using Google Sign-In are still allowed to create an account. This should not be allowed.

If invitation method is enabled then it seems we can not register using Google Sign-in, now... with Vanilla 2.0.18.4 :) is not ?

at OpenID window, it's writted "Add Info & Create Account" and there is an "Username" form's field, but it's with-out an "Invit Code" field and so I see "The invitation code you supplied is not valid." error message :( not you ?

thank you in advance :) for your feedbacks about it

• Options

I'm also having a problem with the invitation only system giving me "The invitation code you supplied is not valid. "

I click the link sent in the email and register from it, but I get an invalid message.

• Options
    jhsujhsu New
    edited August 2012

Solved:

My theme had a registerinvitation (theme -> views -> entry) view that overrided the default view. However, this new one was missing the field for invitation code.

I am using bootstrap, and I believe it is quite popular, so I wanted to include my answer incase it helps anyone.