HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Top Posters not working with v2.1a24?

PamelaPamela ✭✭
edited August 2012 in Feedback

I'm trying to use it with v2.1a24.1 (from master branch)
but it doesn't seem working

I see dashboard's "Top Posters" sidebar menu link but result is a blank page (source code displayed is empty, nothing)

PS: nothing seen at front-end (theme by default)

NB: nothing has been added into my config.php file and any change after made it manually

Comments

• Pamela said:
    PS: nothing seen at front-end (theme by default)

NB: nothing has been added into my config.php file and any change after made it manually

it's displayed at front-end :) in fact... (only dashboard settings are unavailable)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

But this should help.

look for &$Sender and replace all instances with $Sender.

I sure hope we don't have to go through the same statement about every plugin that has &$Sender.

@underdog
    it would be great the if the vanilla folks could just run a sed or awk or php or what have you script that auto converts all plugins and removes &$Sender and replaces it with $Sender.

or at least post an announcement of mandatory simple changes to plugins that will make them work in v2.1

1) change &$Sender to $Sender

edited -

I replaced &$Sender to $Sender in TopPosters on my computer - works for me now with V2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine said:
    But this should help.

look for &$Sender and replace all instances with $Sender.

I sure hope we don't have to go through the same statement about every plugin that has &$Sender.

Great, I 'll put it on my to do list :) thank you (once again)

• peregrine said:
    I replaced &$Sender to $Sender in TopPosters on my computer - works for me now with V2.1

did and it seems right :) now...

• unfortunately, this is going to be the problem with the majority of plugins, and if the author no longer looks at the site - someone else @underdog is going to have to perform this simple fix for many of the plugins for vanilla 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine said:
    someone else @underdog is going to have to perform this simple fix for many of the plugins for vanilla 2.1

LOL!

And i'm going to need help from lot's of users led by @peregrine

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

sorry guys. really didn't have the time to look at this. so pumped up at work since June1 . wanted to help as well with the docu but can't squeeze some time. thanks for this I will upload a fixed version for vanilla 2.1

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

new version uploaded