Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Switching plugins brings 500 Error

butcherbutcher New
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello.

Im struggling for some time now with 500 Internal Error. When i'm switching plugin on/off I get 500 Erorr. Switch works but the error page is wierd. It apply to all plugin actions as well as some other specific actions made in forum admin panel and on the forum itself (eg mark all discussions as viewed) and thats a BIG problem on the User end....

You can see it here -> www.climb.pl/forum

Any one have similar problems ? Any solution to that ?

Comments

• A solution to a 500 error is looking in the Apache Error logs.
    The real error gets logged in that error log and by that you can conclude what really went wrong.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Hello. thx for reply - i pulled Error Logs and there was no errors in forum folder... I really thought that this was good idea... any others ?

• OK, so let's say you got another 500 error. Write down at which time you got that error. Now go to the error logs and look at the time you wrote down.

Another option is to clear the error log (talk to your webhost about that) and then generate that 500 error. This way the only error in your error log will be the 500 error.

Also talk to your webhost about that 500 error, they might be able to help you find out what went wrong.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Host provider gave me logs but it didnt cause any. I tried to change conf files and clear the cache but with no effect.... and suddenly next day the problem just went away with no reason. Well, maybe I did something - but i have no idea what worked :/