Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installing addon plugin

bigpapasbigpapas New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I downloaded an addon plugin, but I can't figure out how to get it into my forum. Where do I put it?

Tagged:

Comments

• I have made a little progress...I have put 4 addon plugins in my forum folder on my server (each is in its separate folder), but they are not showing up in my available plugins in the dashboard, so I haven't been able to enable them. I think this is the proper place to put them... Any suggestions on how to get them to show up so I can enable them?

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

extract the plugin inside the /plugins/ folder :)

• somebody had the same problem - within the last few weeks you should try searching for it or peruse the last 10 pages of topics on how to do it step by step.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I did do a search & looked over numerous questions, but didn't find what would help me. That's why I asked the question. A link to one of those questions that had an answer would have been nice.

• Aolee

@Aolee said:

extract the plugin inside the /plugins/ folder :)

By extract, I believe you mean take the files out of the zip format. I did that...all files from the zip folder have been saved in the plugins/plugin name folder on the server, the the plugins still don't show up in the dashboard under plugins.

• @bigpapas said:
    I did do a search & looked over numerous questions, but didn't find what would help me. That's why I asked the question. A link to one of those questions that had an answer would have been nice.

Well, since you are not paying me to search for you and I don't know the link
    try searching for mystic.

and use this as a guide - it is for themes, but the idea is similar for plugins.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/166986/#Comment_166986

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Finally figured out the problem...when I copied the folder, for some reason the sub-folders were not also copied & all of the files were put in the root folder. Now that I have added the sub-folders & moved the appropriate files into them, I see the plugins on my dashboard.

• I'm new to the site & don't yet know how everything works here. I would like for this to be marked "Answered", but I don't see any place to do that.