HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Transifex Locales are Now Available in Addons

ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
edited September 2012 in Localization

Hi all, some of you may have noticed a wack of new uploads to the addons site. These are all locales that have been generated from vanilla's transifex page.

I've automated the process of downloading the locales from transifex and will be capturing any changes that the community makes once a week or so (maybe more often). If you've been helping with the translations please keep an eye on the transifex page. Vanilla is a constantly evolving application and we really need your help keeping the translations up-to-date.

I'd really like to give my warmest thanks to everyone that has helped with translating Vanilla. The work you've put in is way more than I hoped for and I really believe this will help Vanilla reach more people. Thank you so much.

Comments

• Thank you todd,

• Transifex Locales are Now Available in Addons

I don't understand what did you say, @Todd? may you illustrate?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

@Roben, just go look at our locale addons and you'll see all of the locales generated from transifex there.

• @Todd I will be honest with you. I checked the Spanish locale and translations are not very good.

• @tedel if you can, can you join the transifex and help with the spanish translations?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• OK, I'll download the core from Transifex and upload the translation here. You update the main one with it.

• @tedel said:
    OK, I'll download the core from Transifex and upload the translation here. You update the main one with it.

No, that is not how it works. You have to join the Transifex team by registrering a free account there and apply for membership in the spanish team. Then you edit the locale on transifex. It is automatically transferred to the addon section here.

• OK, I requested it.

• JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

@Todd, most locale addons say they have not been updated in over a year, while all entries in Transifex have been updated in the last two months. Are the dates incorrect or misleading, or are the addons really that far behind?

• Hi @Todd!
    Please check the loacales changes at transifex.com and refresh locales at http://vanillaforums.org/addon/browse/locales/recent/2/.
    Thank you in advance!

• @Almaz I may be wrong, but I believe that is automated. But don't know exactly when it is synced.

grep is your friend.

• Oh @x00, it is very good idea to sync locales automatically! But the addon (http://vanillaforums.org/addon/browse/locales/recent/2/) just like local language pack.

• Not all new languages in transifex are uploaded in the addons.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2014

Perhaps no new locale should be added via addons, and all the transflex locale shoudl be packaged from the transflex source.

It may be worth one of you guys looking at what transflex has regards to an API, and putting together a proof of concept code to package the locale either on the fly or a cached version. I'm sure the vanilla team would appreciate they have plenty of other priorities they have to juggle.

grep is your friend.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Location of locales might change in the near future: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/206455/#Comment_206455

• Thanks! It's a great way to deliver language translations!

I went to the local page and downloaded the Hebrew language file, the strings aren't updated compare to the Transifex.