Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

embed Vanilla with Wordpress: does it share the user database?

slobizmanslobizman New
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm very interested in starting a Vanilla forum and integrating it to my Wordpress (Thesis) blog. But I'm confused on one thing: Does it share the same user database as Wordpress, or will each user that comments on my WP posts and uses the forum have to have two different accounts?

Update: I got my Vanilla account, and upload embed Vanilla. Embedded just fine. I tried to figure out out to share user names/pw's but could not.

So then I thought maybe I'm supposed to install the Vanilla Forums plugins package, so I did that. It gives me this error in WP admin:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'vf_embed_menu' was given in /home/ihatethe/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

What's going wrong? Is there a page that actually tells me what to do? Seems like there should be.
Tagged:

Comments

• Any word on this? I'm also trying to get Vanilla and Wordpress to share a single user database...