Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

embed Vanilla with Wordpress: does it share the user database?

slobizmanslobizman New
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm very interested in starting a Vanilla forum and integrating it to my Wordpress (Thesis) blog. But I'm confused on one thing: Does it share the same user database as Wordpress, or will each user that comments on my WP posts and uses the forum have to have two different accounts?

Update: I got my Vanilla account, and upload embed Vanilla. Embedded just fine. I tried to figure out out to share user names/pw's but could not.

So then I thought maybe I'm supposed to install the Vanilla Forums plugins package, so I did that. It gives me this error in WP admin:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'vf_embed_menu' was given in /home/ihatethe/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 395

What's going wrong? Is there a page that actually tells me what to do? Seems like there should be.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Any word on this? I'm also trying to get Vanilla and Wordpress to share a single user database...