Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

looking for a theme creator

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i just made my website vanilla and the only mc theme is relly crappy. is there anyone who can make me a cool Mine Craft theme?

Tagged:

Comments

• there are a number of theme designers. Send them your money and they can probably design one that doesn't fit your concept of "crap". Or write one yourself and hope that the people in your forum don't call your forum "crap".

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

what exactly is crappy about the minecraft theme?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2012

First off: What the @&%# has happened to etiquette and manners these days? Calling someone else's work "crappy" is NOT the way to go - it's offensive and deeply disrespectful. With that little rant out of the way, here's my suggestion to you, Sean:

Hiring a designer/coder requires a bit more than the description you've already supplied. Please iterate on what you dislike about the current solutions and try to describe what you'd like instead as well as your budget. Different clients have different needs and it's important as a designer/coder to know what he or she is signing up for - this being your requirements, your timeframe and your budget. The designer/coder will then, based on your description, be able to tell you what is and what isn't possible in relation to your requirements, timeframe and budget. Here's therefore my questions to you: What exactly do you have in mind about this project of yours, when will you need it to be completed and how much will you be willing to spend on it?

Regards,
    Kasper Isager

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• sorry about the crap....jees, i ment it dosnt load right and there isnt much detail

• and i wasn relly planning on spending money for it....what is the usual price for a theme?

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

@Sean_Fanelli said:
    and i wasn relly planning on spending money for it....what is the usual price for a theme?

how do you think this works? somebody is sitting here waiting desperately waiting to finally be asked by somebody like you (that can't even focus on answering the questions that matter) to make a theme for free, because another free theme is too crappy for your liking?

the question is: why would anyone want to work for you, after reading what you wrote so far

• RajioRajio
    edited September 2012

@Sean_Fanelli said:
    and i wasn relly planning on spending money for it

No thanks, not interested in working for free.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@fh111 @Rajio @peregrine @kasperisager lets forgive this guy.

@sean_fanelli the cost varies from $15 for specific themes on http://www.vanillaskins.com/ to $800 for adding very very specific and custom design.

So, in your case the cost will depend on the level of customness you seek and the time taken by designer.

Tip: Try negotiating with designer.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@blablatest I'd like to add that $800 is quite cheap for a theme. As an experienced Developer, I won't take jobs for less than $600 a day (this leads to funny discussions when I get job offers from Elance), and a good theme can take much longer than a day to implement.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@businessdad my post is based on little experience that I had :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• im not paying $800 for a theme....

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Well you ain't getting jack for jack...

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@Sean_Fanelli said:
    im not paying $800 for a theme....

hahaha.... awesome. go search the interwebz and find a theme you like. then be sure to tell the developer how much you love their theme.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Learning CSS will not only save you money but you will be able to charge anything you like. It is also the only way to understand and appreciate the time involved.
    DIYS

;)

• @Sean_Fanelli said:
    im not paying $800 for a theme....

If you want someone to make something for you, you're going to have to pay. If you want a ready solution that thousands of others can also buy for $39.99 FREE then you better stop asking for custom solutions and learn to live with the ones that are on offer.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

Initially, I think this thread should be closed. since nothing new has come out out of it. But @422 your cartoon proved my initial thoughts to be absolutely wrong.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.