Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

So, how can one use the karma points achieved?

EveMarEveMar New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I installed this plugin, set the rules, but then what? What happens when a user gets a certain total of points? How would those points grant any kind of privileges? How can I block some discussions, for example, which will only be disclosed after a certain karma degree is achieved? Is there any practical use to this plugin other than adding karma points in the databank? (I'm just curious, this is not a criticism)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Yes with the Marketplace plugin plus PurchasePremiumRoles plugin you can use Karma to purchase roles, and you can use roles to for all the things roles can be used for such as category permissions.

If you look at all the plugin with Purchase prefix that is what you can use karma for. You can also use real money, or not if you don't enable that gateway.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks Grep!

Just to make sure: you have to use the Karma Bank together with the PurchasePremiumRoles in order to be able to assign different permissions to different degrees of karma?

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2012

You need the MarketPlace pluign as well.

None of the Purchase* plugins do anything without the MarketPlace plugin.

lol grep is a command line tool.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Grep is your friend. Always remember that