Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need a plugin put like button under shares on activities

hellomamahellomama New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Sorry for not being a developer. I'm hosting a forum using vanilla 2.0.18.4. Can anyone makes a plugin that give a "like" button beside the commet button on activities and also the notifications for the like action.

Comments

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited September 2012

NVM misread this. Can't delete the comment myself...

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

What is your budget?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

well, i'm just a student. I want to have a forum to help my classmate in studying

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2012

I'm "just" a student myself too ;-) Anywho, when giving a request like this you'll need to include a bit more information. Here's an example from a comment I wrote in another discussion:

Hiring a designer/coder requires a bit more than the description you've already supplied. Please iterate on what you dislike about the current solutions and try to describe what you'd like instead as well as your budget. Different clients have different needs and it's important as a designer/coder to know what he or she is signing up for - this being your requirements, your timeframe and your budget. The designer/coder will then, based on your description, be able to tell you what is and what isn't possible in relation to your requirements, timeframe and budget. Here's therefore my questions to you: What exactly do you have in mind about this project of yours, when will you need it to be completed and how much will you be willing to spend on it?

That being said, you won't receive anything unless you're ready to spend something. I know that Vanilla is free software, but that doesn't mean that specialized plugin and theme development is free as well (in fact, the opposite is the case; many times it's quite expensive). A lot of people seem to believe that for some reason... None the less, you're left with two options: Pay someone to write the plugin or use another plugin as a starting point and use the community to help you through writing it yourself.

// Kasper

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Thank you for spending time replying me. I know that will cost you lots of time. I'm an economics student in Vietnam, I I have to say that I can't pay a penny because I don't have money. I did search the web a lot, about 2 week with 6 hours per day. I also tried learning how to code, but it seems forever for me to put a like button beside a comment. Posting this is my last decision, i'm not used to asking someone for free. I just hope someone will take this as an idea. I think every vanilla forum will need this function. Hope you understand

• Options

@hellomama
    you could always add it to the wishlist, if you decide not to spend any of your "time" learning to write plugins yourself.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.