HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Just Made a New Design

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited September 2012 in General Banter

Just made another design for my gaming and tech forum. This time, it's even more simple, and it works great on mobile devices as well. I've even integrated it into WordPress with linked user and sidebar modules.

If you've seen and remember my last design (the dark and red one), please let me know if you like this new one better.

I'm interested to know what you guys think of my new design: http://driftapex.com/forum

Please leave a comment with any impressions and suggestions you might have.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Comments

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

First off, great job! I really like the seamless Wordpress / Vanilla integration and the of course the design. One little thing though: I feel like the main container of the forum is a bit off balance when compared to the rest of the site as you've enclosed the forum in a box. Why not make it more open like the rest of the site? I've attached a screenshot of what it would look like as well as a screenshot of the existing site as comparison. Great job though, I really like the feel and look of the site!

// Kasper

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    edited September 2012

@kasperisager: Thank you for your suggestion. I've considered that more open look and I might apply that to the design soon. I put everything on the forum in boxes so different sections look more separated to show importance.

I'd like to know what other people prefer when it comes to this as well.

• Options

No problem, anytime! There's also another small matter with your Wordpress sidebar: You may want to consider styling it according to the sidebar on your Vanilla forum. I've attached another two screenshots showing the difference.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    edited September 2012

@kasperisager: Just made the fix. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

• Options

Take a closer look at the first picture though and notice the difference, I've made a few more changes than just removing the repeated border. By the way, I only get this nit-picky when I really like someone else's work - you've done quite the job designing that site!

• Options

I've actually modified the forum's side module borders to look more like the blog's instead of adding the extra borders in because that's how I personally prefer them.

• Options

@kasperisager: I just applied your suggestion for a more open look to the design and now I really like the look of it. It's much cleaner now. Again, thanks for your suggestions! :)

• Options

You're welcome - that did indeed make quite a difference, nice job!

• Options

@Shadowdare

looks quite nice.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.