Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress plugin issue - forum not showing?

JackJJWJackJJW New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I originally embedded Vanilla Forum into my Wordpress blog here, which works fine.

Then I found the plugin which is much better because it forces links, single sign-in etc. However the created page doesn't display the forum, nor any content.

I've tried switching off all other plugins and tried other themes but it makes no difference.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Comments

• edited September 2012

You might have to make sure the embed code is correct (it isn't by default) by copying the embed code from within your Vanilla Forum dashboard and pasting that into the embed code spot within the Wordpress plugin.

ie:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yoururl.com/forum/plugins/embedvanilla/remote.js"></script>

(I originally didn't see that your original embed link so my comment probably doesn't help)

• Thanks thekillingtree, I've tested that out and it makes no difference. There seems to be a problem with the content area not appearing at all in the Vanilla forum plugin template?

• Any one else have any ideas? :(

• I'm having a similar problem. I've never used the embedded, only the WP plugin. My hosting company went into the account via remote access and had no idea what the problem could be. I can get it back up and running by reinstalling the script, but all content is lost (as far as I can tell). It has crashed twice in the last hour, and had been down for almost two weeks before I started digging into it tonight. I wish I could be of more help to you. I thought about going to a different forum altogether, but this is so easy to use and moderate, I hate the thought of going from stupid simple to stupid crazy.

• Thanks azibro, I guess it's quite a unique problem if no one else has it :(

• Sorry to bump again, but has anyone got any suggestions? I really want to use this plugin

• Your forum shows up for me on the page you linked to.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• The Forum shows up for me too..
    would be nice to get an answer on how to integrate the forum..
    currently vanilla is my 4th try to integrate a proper forum into WP

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2012

@rawsta: This should work out of the box http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vanilla-forums/

OP: I see the forum too, nothing seems to be wrong.

P.S.: @rawsta, I saw your post in the Wordpress support forum regarding the WP / Vanilla integration. Could you perhaps start a new discussion here and describe your problem?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@rawsta

The Forum shows up for me too.. would be nice to get an answer on how to integrate the forum.. currently vanilla is my 4th try to integrate a proper forum into WP

often times some people don't respond with their solutions, but only ask questions. I am not saying the original poster of this thread won't come back and post the solution, maybe they will. However, others who do post questions and solve it themselves and don't post the solution or add the solution to the wiki, aren't providing much support or help to others with similar problems (hint).

but as Kasper says - it does work out of the box.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @kasperisager , @peregrine:
    i have the same problem as the OP.
    so i thought i could find the answer on why my forum doesn't show up on the page.

i started a new thread here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21477/wordpress-plugin-forum-doesnt-show-in-page