Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Glitch viewing website's header in embedded forum in Internet Explorer

bigpapasbigpapas New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The forum is embedded in the website using the embed-friendly theme. There is a website header & footer and the forum is in the body. In all browsers except Internet Explorer, it works fine; but in IE9, as soon an anything in the forum is clicked, the top of the page shown in the browser window is the top of the forum. The website's header doesn't show & you have to scroll up to see it. What can I do to get the top of the page seen in Internet Explorer to be the website's header? (My css & php knowledge is limited, so please be detailed in what & where changes should be made.) Thank you.

Comments

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited September 2012

@bigpapas said:
    The website's header doesn't show & you have to scroll up to see it.

You mean it is actually showing but scrolled down? That is pretty standard behaviour. Clicking on a discussion will take you to the last post in the discussion (thus scrolling down). Or did I miss something here? Do you have a link so we can see what you mean?

On a side note: I wouldn't use the embedded version ever but with little php and css knowledge, it is probably the only way to go...

• Clicking on any links, including the ones in the Vanilla header bar (ie discussions, activity, etc.) places the Vanilla header bar at the top of the page instead of the website's header. In Firefox, Opera, & Safari, the website's header is shown, but in IE, it isn't. The forum is http://www.deadwalleyesociety.com/forum/forum.htm.

• Ok, I see the problem. I don't know how to fix it as I am not using the embed version. In your case, I would highly recommend to not use the embedded version and instead go with a plugin like nillablog or Vanilla CMS to create the pages like the overview front page and the Links.

• you header is so simple you could add it in the default.master template.

grep is your friend.