Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blog post content displayed twice

coldforgecoldforge New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

It seems there's a slight bug in the blog view, where a blog item displays a title, then the full content—but then it also displays the content preview that a normal category view displays. So the bottom of every post has the first line repeated. Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Comments

• Do you have a live example? What version of Vanilla are you using?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Here's my example: http://thenewmiddle.net/index.php?p=/categories/blog
    It's running the latest stable, Version 2.0.18.4.

Thanks for your attention.

• Are you running with any other plugins enabled? Which ones? Something is outputting an div with class = Excerpt which is the repeated material. You could add a style rule to hide it... something like:
    .NillBlog .Excerpt { display: none; }

• try it without pagespeed plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• It had been happening before page speed, but I'll see if there are any other plugins.

• It looks like it's the theme itself, timely. Here's the relevant portion from class.timelythemehooks.php :

/** * Add a discussion excerpt in each discussion list item. */ public function Base_AfterDiscussionTitle_Handler($Sender) { $Discussion = GetValue('Discussion', $Sender->EventArguments); if (is_object($Discussion)) echo '<div class="Excerpt">'.SliceString(Gdn_Format::Text($Discussion->Body, FALSE), 100).'</div>'; }

Is there a way to exempt items in the Blog category from that? I don't speak very good PHP.

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited October 2012

if you use the CSS I posted above, it should hide the excerpts only for blog posts.

• Yes! I set that up this afternoon and it works well. I'm still
    interested in seeing if I can omit the blog posts from the excerpt
    loop for the sake of cleanliness but the display right now is right on
    track. Thanks for the pointer.