Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Embedded forum's navigation links don't point to embedded URL

ben_sevenben_seven New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Quick post - I'm using an embedded forum at /forum, this is configured correctly but the links in the embedded forum's navigation bar all point to /vanilla/foobar - why isn't this dynamically sorted based on the embedded setting?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

I believe you may need to change your .htaccess. There are notes inside if your forum is not in /vanilla directory some hosts need the

# Certain hosts may require the following line.
       # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
       # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
       # RewriteBase /

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks for the reply. No luck though.

My forum is at /vanilla and the embedded instance is at /forum - any other ideas? Or what that htaccess file should contain?

• Options

start with posting your .htaccess and maybe you can get some feedback.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sure - the .htaccess for the WordPress site, or for /vanilla ?

• Options

For vanilla.

• Options
    ben_sevenben_seven New
    edited October 2012

# Modified
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    RewriteBase /vanilla
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
    </IfModule>

Sorry about the state of the code on each line there - not super impressed with code block mode.

• Options

On closer inspection, it seems these links work fine in the embedded forum, they just point to Vanilla. Sorry - I'm not sure if this started working due to the .htaccess edit you recommended or if I only visually inspected them before, but thanks for the help!