Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why does jsconnect with wordpress seem to hang?

milleja46milleja46 New
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Ok, I'm wondering if anyone knows why the jsconnect with wordpress as the main site just seem to hang? I connected it and everything seemed to be running fine. But once I logged out and tried to log back in it just seems to hang for quite awhile. While another user of the site tried it, and it just hang, and then reported it couldn't login. Is there a reason for this? The site is zatri.tk

Answers

• Options

Anyone?

• Options

Can anyone please answer me to why it's hanging forever?

• Options

Can anyone tell me if I may have installed it improperly or something? I don't understand why it hangs, and logging in to wordpress doesn't log me in to vanilla. And I thought I plugged in connection details but it still hangs...can no one help me?

• Options

Ok, don't mean to keep bumping this thread up but I'm kinda lost since embedding the forum works, but the connection seems to be kinda broken and won't connect. Is there a way to fix it, or another way to do this?

• Options

Hi, I'm not sure which approach you're using to integrate, but I was tearing my hair out yesterday trying to get the main "Vanilla Forum" WP plugin to work. My host checked it out also and couldn't help.

I had a similar thing where I couldn't get past the "Connecting...." message when logging in.

Then I finally found a post from someone here saying they had success using the WP Vanilla Connect plugin instead: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/

I tried that plugin instead and it worked perfectly straight away.

It doesn't have the WP widgets that the main plugin has, but I can do without those in place of everything working well.

You also still have the option of using the javascript embed code provided in the Vanilla dashboard embed plugin area to embed the forum into your WP site if you need to. I just went with keeping it in its own space.

Hope that helps!