HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Supporting other languages under 'vanillaforums'

RobenRoben New
edited October 2012 in Feedback

What am I saying? Look at "Yii International Subforums" page, please. It is a part of Yii forum.
What's the core team opinion about the same idea for Vanillaforums.org?

Tagged:

Comments

• I can't speak for the core team but I feel like there is too few demand for such a thing to work on here.

• @HalfCat said:
    I feel like there is too few demand for such a thing to work on here.

You believe that the most vanilla users are English speakers? o:

for instance: German-German relation > German-English relation

A German forum can be found on a new 'de' domain, but if it be done here, more people are connected to each other! and more important: everything about the vanilla is on one place and everyone around the world knows should come here :))

• Hierarchical categories are the opposite direction of where vanilla is going. The future you just have a small number of categories, and use non hierarchical means like tags.

Maybe you could have a way of grouping the languages for those that only want to read question in their language, but have categories per country is just wasteful and redundant, and you would need to replicate the same sub categories over and over again.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    Hierarchical categories are the opposite direction of where vanilla is going. The future you just have a small number of categories, and use non hierarchical means like tags.

There is many categories and nested categories on my forum, Will I have problems for upgrading in future?