HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Posting comments not possible (Error 404) unless rewrite = true (GitHub/stable)

zserozsero New
edited October 2012 in Feedback

I'm running a forum from the GitHub stable branch (https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden). I'm running it on nginx but I think for this it is irrelevant. The problem is the following: unless rewrite is enabled in configure.php, the following happens:

1. I can create a new discussion, do the first post, OK.
  2. I cannot reply. It says Error 404.
  3. In the access logs, it seems to look for an url what is rewritten. It looks like `/discussion/1', although at this point it shouldn't (as rewrite is disabled).
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PassantePassante New
    edited October 2012

zsero

@zsero said:

I'm running a forum from the GitHub stable branch (https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden). I'm running it on nginx but I think for this it is irrelevant. The problem is the following: unless rewrite is enabled in configure.php, the following happens:

1. I can create a new discussion, do the first post, OK.
    2. I cannot reply. It says Error 404.
    3. In the access logs, it seems to look for an url what is rewritten. It looks like `/discussion/1', although at this point it shouldn't (as rewrite is disabled).

I can confirm the bug. Enabling the rewrite in config resolve the problem. First impression: not so stable branch :P

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited October 2012

@Passante said:
    First impression: not so stable branch :P

First impression : Download 2.0.18.4 and re-try. The branches in gitHub are made for the next version i.e. 2.1.x

Second impression : re-create the bug with the Development version in the gitHub branch. If reproducable : file a bug report.

There was an error rendering this rich post.