Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I edit config..?

Hi! I'm trying to enable markdown instead of html, but whenever I attempt to overwrite my existing config.php file, I get a critical transfer error. I guess I'm not supposed to do it that way?

Is there any other way to edit the config file?

Comments

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Might be a permission problem. Have you tried editing it directly on your server?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Yes, I get "Operation not permitted" whenever I attempt to overwrite or edit config.php. It seems to be only that file though..

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Try temporarily changing the file permissions to 777 - remember to write down the original permissions though, as you'll need to revert them once you've edited the file.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

I had the same issue. Let me guess: You are on a shared host and the owner of the file is "www-data"?

• Options

Spot on! Were you able to get past this?

• Options

Yes, you need to edit the file either through SSH (if you have access) or you might need to contact your host. In my case I was able to delete the file through a web-based FTP that my host provides.

• Options

I'll look into this, thank you!