Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Where can we get Vanilla 2.1 ?

interbinterb New
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Some addon require vanilla 2.1 in this website.If so where can we download that CORE VANILLA 2.1 ? give me quick please.

Best Answer

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

You can download it from Github, but it is in development, and is NOT meant to be used on live sites, unless you are prepared to put up with, and deal with, possible issues.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

You can download it from Github, but it is in development, and is NOT meant to be used on live sites, unless you are prepared to put up with, and deal with, possible issues.

• Options

thanks alote whu606 but it say 2.0.18rc3 at https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden .Is that 2.1 or is there another link please .

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

The master branch is what you're looking for. If you take a look at the index file, you'll find the version number: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/blob/master/index.php
    Currently, it's 2.1a26

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

wait this week and vanilla team will release it officially :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    wzttest1wzttest1 New
    edited October 2012

@aery said:

is that true for pulishing the 2.1 version vanilla in this week?

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@wxttest1 The devs said last month that they will freeze the code by oct end and release it for testing.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

In 2.1 version , can it be FACEBOOK INTEGRATED like this http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook/ OR

Like this site : http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

• Options

Just received Vanilla newsletter about the new features in Vanilla 2.1
    Its simply mindblowing! I think it has been released for the hosted forums. When is it being released for us? Will all of the features be available to the self-hosted forums? If not then I would suggest Vanilla team to seriously consider letting self-hosted guys buy the extra features at some premium.

Best wishes

• Options

The new features are available in the OS version too as of 2.1a27

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    edited October 2012

@kasperisager said:
    The new features are available in the OS version too as of 2.1a27

Was your bootstrap theme pulled into base? I noticed that they specifically mentioned a bootstrap based theme in the announcement.

• Options

@Gillingham said:
    Was your bootstrap theme pulled into base? I noticed that they specifically mentioned a bootstrap based theme in the announcement.

It wasn't VanillaBootstrap no - this is a theme created by the core dev theme and from what I've seen so far, it looks super cool. I hope my theme was an inspiration though, but that might just be wishful thinking :-)

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

@kasperisager said:
    It wasn't VanillaBootstrap no - this is a theme created by the core dev theme and from what I've seen so far, it looks super cool. I hope my theme was an inspiration though, but that might just be wishful thinking :-)

It definitely was :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options

@Tim said:
    It definitely was :)

Now that sure is great to hear! Glad my crazy concepts and ideas turned into something useful in the end :-)

• Options

maybe they could call the theme "Kasper's Inspiration".

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@aery said:

So, has this been officially released yet?

• Options

Remember it will be released to beta, that makes you a beta tester.

grep is your friend.

• Options

i rather wait until everything is fixed... :D

• Options

@fr3333333x

I can see why you might say that.

However, the fewer the beta testers, the longer it takes to get any bugs fixed.

• Options

@whu606 i'm also working out on beta testing, what i mean is using the latest version for my self-hosted site :)