Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] I cannot upload a new plugin

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've been trying to upload a new plugin, but the upload fails without an error. All I get is a red box with nothing inside. I double checked the plugin and all the files, everything seems correct to me. To whom should I report this issue?

Comments

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012

You have to zip it all up and make sure that the folder name is the same as the xxxx.plugin.php. When you unzip, it must all be within a single folder!!

so:

zip:
      MyPlugin (folder)
              xxxxx.php
              MyPlugin.php

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@mcu_hq Thanks, but I checked the files and everything matches. I already uploaded a plugin in the past and copied the structure, this time I'm not as lucky.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

are you sure that when you unzip, it unzips to a single folder?

@mcu_hq said:

In Italy they say that "sure" is dead, therefore I should better double check. :)

@mcu_hq said:

You were right, I configured my ANT script wrong. Instead of compressing a folder, it compressed what's inside it. Setting up automatic builds has been a bit of a nightmare in the last two days, but now it repays itself (packaging, licensing, cleanups, all done in the background). :)

• So the problem is solved?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

edited October 2012

@UnderDog said:
    So the problem is solved?

Not yet. I repacked the plugin, but now I don't even get the red box anymore. I'm re-re-re-double checking it (an error message would be nice...).

Update
    Even better, a message that says that the upload was completed successfully. :)

Plugin is now available both in the Addons section and on my online shop.